When I got my treasures home I started rummaging in my seed bead boxes to find small beads to go with the larger ones I'd bought; laying them out in different arrangements.
After lots of arranging and threading and adding ends I ended up with 3 new necklaces with matching earrings:
a blue and white set (reminiscent of delftware I think),
a yellow and green set (a perfect match for my lovely work jacket)
(no I didn't make the jacket, Hobbs did),
and a lovely green set with gorgeous acrylic patterns beads.
All in all the 3 sets cost me £27, which is a darn sight less than I would have to pay if I'd bought them ready made, and I had the all the fun of stringing beads onto thread and wire :-)