Thursday, August 15, 2013

Still Going Strong

It's not exactly peaceful in my house at the moment (I live in a terrace and next door is being re-roofed), and the garden isn't exactly private at the moment either due to men on the roof but it's still looking good.

Hydrangea Annabelle has thrived this year


Echinacea White Swan would really prefer a sunnier spot but is still flowering


and the Passion Flower is just getting into full swing.


But it's not all white in the garden, there is rather bright Cosmos


and a very pretty Potentilla


and some very delicate Thalictrum (Hewitt's Double)


and even though the Monarda (Prairie Night)  is a bit scruffy now, the bees are still loving it.


Echinops provides a contrast of structure


and there's still a lot to come as this Dahlia bud shows.


I'm hoping the roofers will finish soon as I really want my peaceful house and garden back!

4 comments:

MarmaladeRose said...

Such beautiful photos!

Mystic Quilter said...

Beautiful!

Jo said...

Such beautiful blooms you've got in your garden. I love to see passion flowers, they always look so exotic and I say I'll grow them myself, but I've never got round to it yet. Hope you get a bit of peace soon.

Anonymous said...

A delicious post, your flowers are beautiful.

I wish you peace!