Sunday, February 19, 2017

Snowdrops and Lace

I had a few days off this week so I decided to go for a walk amongst the snowdrops.  I headed over to Marks Hall.  First of all I walked by the lake


and along the millennium path where the winter scents are beautiful.


Soon I was at Robin's Grove which is carpeted with snowdrops.



Beautiful, and a sure sign that spring is on the way.


I also wore my newly finished lacy shawl earlier this week - it has tiny beads hooked into it (which are actually more visible in real life as they twinkle slightly).


I can't really wear many hand knitted things for work, but I can get away with nice scarves and shawls - this one will be worn a lot I'm sure.



7 comments:

Celia Hart said...

The Marks Hall snowdrops look beautiful. I always love the winter colours reflected in the lake.
The lace shawl is beautiful, subtle colours and patterns are often the most wearable.

busybusybeejay said...

I am into knitting shawls .What pattern have you used for this one?I have just finished two Begonia Swirl shawls.The pattern is quite easy but the result is stunning.Have a look on my blog for the first one.I'll post a photo of the second one tonight,maybe!!

Unknown said...

Your scarves are beautiful! You cld def wear them to work! This year seems to be the one for carpets of snowdrops! Wendyx

Jo said...

It's lovely to see snowdrops en masse, they really make an impact when there's lots of them growing together. Your shawl is beautiful, so pretty and a gorgeous colour too.

Anonymous said...

Your shawl is beautiful, as are the Snowdrops. We saw a similar carpet of them in Oxfordshire last week, it was stunning.

Gina said...

What a beautiful shawl and I love the colour. That looked like a lovely walk.

vintagerockchick said...

Fabulous shawl!
I've been on a couple of snowdrop walks on the last two weekends - Walsingham Abbey in Norfolk, and then last weekend to meet some friends at Anglesey Abbey - and I seem to have taken all the same photos as you -looking back along the river to the mill, and the 'Narnia film set" silver birches! I thought it was a lovely garden.
And apologies - I only just spotted your comment on my crabbing post - I am a bad blogger! If you are up this way again, let me know - I'll lend you my hat!