Monday, May 24, 2010

Cedric Morris Irises

Last autumn I bought 3 Cedric Morris irises at the NCCPG (National Council for the Conservation of Plants and Gardens) plant fair at Helmingham Hall from Sarah Cook.  Sarah now holds the national collection of these irises and her display was one of major temptation.    The irises I bought were just tiny rhizomes, but yesterday one opened to reveal this beautiful flower.
Unfortunately I can't remember what it is called, but as Sarah has open days on the 5th and 6th June this year, I may be able to find out then. (The NCCPG Spring Plant Fair is on the 30th May, also at Helmingham Hall, and as the entry fee includes a free plant I may have to attend that too!)

Edited - it's Benton Deirdre

4 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

It's beautiful whatever it's called!

Jane

Anonymous said...

WOW! Irises are amongst my favourite flowers, I don't have enough of them.... thanks for reminding me of that!

Reading Tea Leaves said...

We are taking MIL to Helmingham on Sunday - its always a really good afternoon.

Your Iris is wonderful Su ... I've just caught up with your last postas well ... you have a lot to look forward to in your garden in the coming weeks!

Jeanne
x

Jo said...

It's gorgeous whatever it's called. I love iris's, they remind me of my grandma as she always had them in her garden.