Thursday, December 23, 2010

Nearly Ready for Christmas

We finally got real, proper snow here last weekend.  This is what my garden looked like at the beginning of the week.
 

I couldn't get into the greenhouse for several days, but fortunately the little paraffin heater kept going without requiring a top-up and everything in there seems to have survived fine without me.

Every year I end up racing around for Christmas at the last minute, and this year is no exception.  The snow hasn't helped that, but I think that finally I am nearly done.  The house is cleaned, the food is bought, the tree is up and the presents are nearly all bought. Of course I haven't wrapped anything yet and I still need to make the mince pies but there's still about 36 hours left isn't there!   Before I get wrapping though I think I should sample the chocolate biscuits, after all it would be wrong to offer them to guests without testing the quality first wouldn't it?!

I hope you all have wonderful Christmases and wish you all lots of happiness and peace in 2011.

5 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

Lucky you if you have only just got the snow! Some of us haven't been out for days and I felt like saying in true Oates fashion "I may be gone a little while" when I set of on foot with my backpack on Sunday! Luckily we are able to get out now and this afternoon ventured into town for the first time in a week. I do so agree with quality control before offering goodies to visitors hope you didn't need to sample too many before passing as fit for purpose?!!

Have a lovely Christmas and hope you get everything done and if not then does it really matter?

Jane

Fran Hillman said...

I think I've got my priorities wrong as I've made my mince pies (and eaten two) before buying all the presents! Save a choccy bic for me and have Zantac at the ready!

Anna said...

I think that I will be investing in one of those paraffin heaters next year
Su :) The snow looks good but has somewhat hampered seasonal preparations here. I hope that you enjoy Christmas with your loved ones and wish you happy gardening in 2011 xxx

Felted House said...

Thanks for popping over to my blog to say hello to Archie - I've been looking at your 'cat' posts and I have to say Dylan and Florence are gorgeous, but I think I may be a bit of a mad cat lady! I do hope you manage to whizz through all your Christmas preparations really efficiently and have a lovely time. Archie has been helping me un-decorate the tree today - he's really good at it! xx

Julie said...

Your garden looked very pretty under the snow. I hope the chocolate biscuits came up to scratch! Have a very Happy Christmas and every good wish for the New Year. xx