Sunday, September 9, 2012

A Bit of a Do

We've had a bit of a family 'do' this weekend.  It involved a cake (made by a friend not me)


a new dress (which involved hours of alterations the night before, nothing like a bit of last minute panic to focus the mind!),


some 'adapted' shoes, which several people thought were rather nice (but I did admit to having to add the silk ties as I couldn't walk in them as they were!),


and a home-made card.


No, not my birthday - I have a few years before I hit 50 (although not as many as I'd like!), but my parents' Golden Wedding anniversary.  50 years ago on 8th September 1962 they got married in St Martin's in the Field in Trafalgar Square, London.


And yesterday they celebrated with family and friends and cut another cake to celebrate.


Congratulations Mum and Dad!

13 comments:

Emma said...

Congrats to your Rents, we did mine 6 years ago. The cake card & dress are lovely!

I'll test out your new comments bit & work out how to change mine!

Julie said...

What a wonderful achievement and didn't your Mum make a beautiful bride! congratulations to your Mum and Dad.

Anonymous said...

Lovely wedding photo of your folks, and still looking good aren't they?

Jo said...

Many congratulations to your parents, they look as happy together now as they did back then.

Anonymous said...

Fifty years married! Congratulations to them both.

Alice said...

What a beautiful wedding picture! Looks like a happy celebration and your dress and shoes (and you) are gorgeous, xxx

Miriam Weaver said...

Congratulations to your parents, what a wonderful place to get married, I've attended a wedding there a very special place. Loved your outfit and the ties on the shoes are an inspiration!

dottycookie said...

Huge congratulations to your parents,and thank you for sharing such a beautiful wedding photo!

Gina said...

What a lovely wedding photo and congratulations to them both. Sept 8th would have been my Mum and Dad's 56th anniversary.

Cathy at PotterJotter said...

What a lovely autumny cake - I actually have those leaf cutters for using to cut out clay shapes! Congrats to your parents - her dress was beautiful! We just got to 27 years last week - 50 seems an awful lot! xCathy

Anna said...

What a special occasion Su ~ many congratulations to your parents xxx

crafty cat corner said...

Well done your parents there aren't many people reach 50 years of marriage.
Mr.T and I will have been married 50 years in Jan 2014 so only 15 months to go.
I love the adapted shoes by the way.

Briony
x

elaine said...

You are so lucky to still have your parents around to be able to celebrate with them.