Not only was this the first time of lighting since I'd lived here after renovating it this summer, according to my neighbour it was probably the first time it had been lit in over 20 years. It was so lovely to have a real fire again.
Over 1/2 term, as well as visiting London, I did some sewing too, using some of the fabric I bought at the Knitting and Stitching Show. I used the stripey grey linen and viscose fabric to make a tunic top from this pattern by Sew Liberated.
I altered it slightly as I couldn't cope with the fact that the stripes in the fabric didn't line up between the bodice and the skirt (not my fault, it's to do with the pleats), so I added a bias strip over the seam to break the line of vision up.
I also made a denim dress from the Kate dress pattern by Sew Me Something (the same pattern company that I made my reversible skirt from).
I ended up taking the pattern in quite a lot and made it less flared at the bottom. That's not a fault of the pattern more to do with my pretty much straight up and down shape!
I used grey top stitching thread to give a contrast and eventually got it neat on the pockets by hand stitching the last few stitches as the machine didn't like that many layer of denim.
I'm pleased with it and I'm sure I'll wear it loads. I will definitely make this pattern again.
I'm hoping for a quieter and less busy week this week!