Sunday, April 16, 2017

Days Off Amongst the Tulips

I love time off work at Easter, it always feels like a proper break.  This year I was able to spend most of my days outdoors.  I weeded all the paths (there are a lot!), and all the beds, and generally had a lovely time, mainly amongst the tulips.


These ones are at the very end of my garden, past the greenhouse and are mainly ones that have appeared by themselves.

These however, are ones that I've planted over the years:

Doll's Minuet

Charming Lady


Various Parrot types

Can't remember what this one is

Black Parrot

The greenhouse is full to bursting, but everything will need to stay in there for a while longer as we have some frosty nights forecast.


And the paths are mainly weed free, so I can sit and have a cuppa whenever I want to.



 I'm hoping for many more sunny days to sit and enjoy the garden :-)



4 comments:

Jo said...

You've got some beautiful varieties of tulips. I'm glad you've enjoyed the Easter break, I know what you mean about it feeling like a proper holiday, I wish all bank holidays lasted for four days.

Celia Hart said...

Lovely tulips. And you have courgettes already germinated! I must get cracking with sowing mine.
Your garden furniture has changed colour ;-)

busybusybeejay said...

CAn we see more photos of your garden,please?

Anonymous said...

Glorious Tulips, I do wish that they could have a slightly longer flowering period.

Your garden looks very interesting and I agree with BBBJ above - more pictures of it please.