Tuesday, July 18, 2017

It's only taken 9 years ......

When I moved here (9 years ago) I took one look at the glass door between my lobby and living room and said 'that will have to go!'


Now there was nothing particularly wrong with it, it was just wrong for the house - all the other doors are four panelled victorian wooden ones, stripped pine downstairs and painted upstairs.


And it was like sitting in a room with a very long window - in the winter it had to have a heavy curtain over it, and I hated it.

So this year I bought a new one.  Well a new to me, old one.  And new handles and a new rim lock.

And today the lovely Graham fitted it for me.


It needs a coat of wax - but it looks so much better.  And even better still, it's a door, not a window pretending to be a door!


5 comments:

Jo said...

It looks lovely. It's funny how we seem to take ages getting round to certain jobs, isn't it?

Iz said...

Ditto to that! There always seems to be something else that needs doing first, and it's only when you sit down and stop you realise things like "I hate that door!" It took us nine years to change our downstairs doors too!

TrishWish said...

Its amazing how little changes can have a big effect.

Gina said...

It looks perfect. It's amazing how we live with things for years. I find I even stop noticing them after a while... like the water stains on our dining room ceiling after a leak three years ago!

Anonymous said...

I live in a first floor apartment and would have loved that door to be between the landing and my living room, to give extra light. If only I had known...