The light and shadows have made this tulip look quite magnificent this week. I have no idea what its name is as it was planted by the previous owner, but I love it all the same!
Earlier this week I was given two lovely awards by Jo at The Good Life. They were the Beautiful Blogger Award and the One Lovely Blog Award. It was a real surprise and pleasure to receive them, so thanks Jo.
So here are my seven random things:
1. I went to theatre school and trained in classical ballet, modern and tap dance.
2. I have inherited my father's tendency to never throw away a piece of wood as "it may come in useful one day".
3. I love children's picture books .
4. As a girl guide I crashed a flag pole into the door frame of Sandringham church when the Queen was in the service and had to get everyone to reverse so we could get out.
5. My knees and elbows are double jointed
6. As children we played on the pump trolley (like the one in the St Trinian's Train Robbery) at Wolverton Museum whilst the owners had their after lunch nap. We could get it going quite fast, but stopping it wasn't as easy!
7. I often have to work at the computer with a cat asleep on my left hand.
I would like to make it very clear that I do not expect anyone to accept the award or pass it on, but the blogs that I would "award" it to are:
Tales from a Cottage Garden
Purple Podded Peas
The Constant Gardener
An Artist's Garden
I chose those blogs simply because they inspired me to start blogging, but I enjoy reading many more as well - see my profile for the complete list.