Saturday, June 12, 2010

Nemo Finds Some Friends

When I moved here I inherited a pond, and after several weeks I discovered I'd inherited a fish too!  This fish, named Nemo because of his colouring, had obviously escaped the net when the previous owners removed the rest of the fish, and had survived without any attention whilst the house was rented for 3 years.

For the last couple of years I've been thinking about getting some more fish to keep him company, but I was worried that I'd have to feed them (I've never fed Nemo as he'd survived on the natural food in the pond for 3 years and was perfectly ok).  Two weeks I asked the man in the Aquatics part of Mill Race Garden Centre if I'd need to feed any new ones and he said I wouldn't as the pond was big enough.  So Chilli and Dora came home with me and took up residence with Nemo.
 Nemo (top) Dora (middle) Chilli (bottom)

Since I introduced them they've all been swimming round together.  Initially I felt mean that I'd kept Nemo on his own for 2 years, but as someone said to me the other day "he doesn't remember that he was on his own, all he knows is that he now has friends!".

6 comments:

Reading Tea Leaves said...

Aah - so glad that Chilli and Dora have 'found Nemo'. They all look very good together.

Have a great week Su - the sun is shining beautifully today here in Suffolk isn't it?

Jeanne
x

DEBBIE said...

That`s lovely!
Nemo has two friends to play with!
Enjoy the sunshine!

DEBBIE MOSS

DEBBIE said...

P.S - Just had to comment... That I`m now dreaming of one day having a beautiful garden just like yours!


DEBBIE MOSS

Su said...

Hi Jeanne and Debbie. Yes it's beautiful sunshine here in Suffolk this week. And thanks Debbie, I'm sure that you will too - soon!

Marigold Jam said...

Lucky Nemo living in that lovely pond and now he even has company to share it with!

Jane

Jo said...

I'm sure Nemo is pleased to have some friends. It's a lovely pond.