Friday, June 17, 2011

A Rainbow of Colours

It's raining here today, and the sky is very grey so I thought I'd cheer things up with a rainbow of colours from the garden (taken on a sunnier day!).

RED - forgotten variety of strawberry!

ORANGE - Runner Bean 'Enorma' flowers
YELLOW - Sisyrinchium


















  
GREEN - Rudbeckia Occidentalis 'Green Wizard'

BLUE - Delphinium Magic Fountains 'Dark Blue Bee'




INDIGO - Aquilegia vulgaris 'Miss M.I. Huish'

















VIOLET - Scabiosa 'Butterfly Blue'
There - now that's better than grey skies isn't it?

12 comments:

Fran Hillman said...

Oh, yes - much better.

Iz said...

Wonderful - just what we need!

Marigold Jam said...

Just what we needed this dull wet day - thanks!

Miriam Weaver said...

Wet and grey here too, your photos cheered me up!

Anonymous said...

Much better! Thank you. Hoping for sunshine...

Felted House said...

Mich better than grey skies! Wish I could grow Delphiniums, I love the rich blue but the slugs always get them when I'm not patrolling the garden! xx

Reading Tea Leaves said...

Lovely rainbow post Su. Much better that grey skies - but there IS a hint of brightness struggling to get through today ... !

Jeanne
x

Linda’s Textiles said...

What gorgeous garden photos! Mid winter here.

Anna said...

Hope that the rain has stopped by now Su but I think that it was welcome in your neck of the woods. Enjoyed your rainbow. That is the second time I have seen that beautiful aquilegia featured in a blog posting recently. Definitely on my wish list for next year :)

Emma said...

BEAUtiful colors! Your 'random' piece below is delicious;)

Sew to the Sea said...

Absolutely beautiful, I need some delphiniums in my garden. I just love tall bright flowers. Thank you for popping onto my blog today by the way, I think we share a passion!

Jo said...

A wonderful rainbow. There's always something in the garden to brighten up our day.