Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Sun Came Out

The sun came out today and the hemerocallis almost shone.


I'm not a big fan of orange plants, but I have to admit to being rather fond of this double flowered Day Lily.  I have no idea its of its name but it flowers its little socks off for weeks and weeks on end.


In contrast the shasta daisies looked almost serene.


I picked some of the daisies 10 days ago and they're still going strong in a vase.  They were grown years ago by some ancestors of mine for just that purpose - an excellent cut flower!

Hope the sun has been shining for you too.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too love Shasta daisies and have two large clumps, one under a wild cherry tree and they really lift that area. The other is next to a large Crocosmia 'Lucifer', the contrast as you can imagine, can be a bit startling! And they last indoors ever so well I agree.

Miriam Weaver said...

Orange is not my colour either but in the garden it always seems to work! It was sunny here at 6am this morning but since then rain and overcast......

Fibre frenzi said...

Fabulous flowers!

Anonymous said...

Have emailed you re comment on my book blog.

Cathy at PotterJotter said...

Love orange in the Autumn - maybe something to do with Pumpkins! Quite honestly, any flower is welcome in my garden, even weeds if they're pretty. Love your blog - so many lovely places that are familiar to me, being just up the road in Norfolk. Am going to follow you (makes me sound like a stalker!) xCathy