Sunday, April 12, 2015

Spring Is Late

It's official, spring is late! How do I know? Well Facebook very kindly showed me this photo yesterday, taken exactly a year ago, with the exochorda in flower amongst tulips and dicentra.


And this was the same view yesterday -


no flowers on the exochorda yet, tulips still in tight bud and the dicentra has only just poked its head above ground level.

But even with this lateness spring is evident in the garden






















and I hope that with a few more warm days, as is predicted, the rest will catch up too.

9 comments:

Gina said...

I don't mind that it is late... I am just happy that it seems to have arrived at last!

Anna said...

My photos also confirm that this year's flowers are behind Su but I'm quite happy with their progress. I think that spring has been arriving too early of late :)

Sue in Suffolk said...

I think it's even later over here on the coast with the NE winds we keep getting

chloris said...

It is late this year but never mind we get to savour it for longer, specially with this wonderful warm weather. Anyway you have plenty of lovely Spring flowers to enjoy.

Jo said...

There's such a difference in those first two photos. I'm sure that everything will catch up though, they usually do.

Mystic Quilter said...

Your garden path looks so very inviting!! Just my sort of place and look at all the glorious blooms already out in the garden - keep posting these garden shots please!

silverpebble said...

Ah, joyous photos Su. What delicious colour. Anemone blanda are such a favourite of mine. I'm rather glad it's late - it's sort of like haveing the crumble and custard to look forward to rather than the slight sadness that comes with just having gobbled it x

silverpebble said...

PS just added you to my sidebar. Why you weren't there before I'll never know. My blog has been sadly neglected recently x

CATHY DANIEL said...

I love all these last year/this year photos! I'm glad it's not just that we are so far north, and that Spring is officially late everywhere! Does that mean we get an especially long Autumn too, or does it not work that way? xCathy