- too big,
- too expensive or
- both of the the above
It arrived and sat looking sad in my conservatory until this week when I finally had time to tackle it.
First off all I removed the green cover and found another pink one underneath, so that came off too.
The padding/wadding seemed in good condition do I left that on and sanded the nasty brown varnish off the legs. At this point it hailed so progress halted!
Today I removed the legs and waxed them, found some fabric in my ever increasing stash and armed with a staple gun set about re-covering it.
I didn't really know what I was doing but I'm pretty pleased with those corners! Then I put the legs back on and voila! I think it looks good alongside the free chair I obtained 18months ago.
I did some digging in the veg garden today and was supervised by this little chap and his mate; I don't know where they're nesting but they were certainly busy collecting grubs.
On my way inside I noticed the euphorbia fireglow has emerged - such vivid colours.
I also picked some hyacinth blooms on my way back up the garden and they're now filling the house with a heady scent.
Now if you'll excuse me I'll just put my feet up for a few minutes :-)