It used to be ok with the cream walls but it really didn't go with the new white or with the new chair covers.
When I was at the Knitting and Stitching show in October I saw lots of stalls selling kits to make your own lampshades but none were the right size so I did some online research and decided to reuse the original frame. I bought some fabric locally and ordered the laminated backing and sticky tape.
The parcel that arrived was slightly larger than I was envisaging!
This weekend I set about making it. I pulled the old cover off the frame and used it to make a template.
I cut out the laminated backing and fabric and joined them together (much more easily than I'd imagined).
Then I wound the sticky tape around the edges of the frame.
Winding the frames onto the laminated fabric was quite tricky (now I know why most of the kits sold were drum shades and not angled coolies!) but I got there eventually. Then I had to fold the fabric over and tuck it under. If I did it again I'd leave more fabric to turn over as some of mine is slightly short in places.
And there you have it - one new lampshade!
And I have rather a lot of laminated backing left over so if you want a new lampshade you know where to come!