Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Hemerocallis

I have several hemerocallis in my garden.  This one I bought many years ago and planted it in an "ali baba" type pot.  I'll never get it out of the pot (unless I smash it), but it's quite happy as long as I remember to water it and feed it.  I have no idea what variety it is anymore!

The rest are all ones that I acquired with the garden, and so are also mainly unknown varieties, apart from this one which had a label near it.
Hemerocallis Pandora's Box




Yesterday I noticed that one had opened that had not flowered before - I don't think I've ever seen a double one before and I think it is quite stunning!  Again I have no idea of its variety.
Unknown double orange hemerocallis

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful... have heard of them but never actually seen one! Rather like the purple one myself and the lemony one above it.

Jo said...

There's some lovely colours there, I particularly like the lemon one.