Friday, September 10, 2010

Tall White Daisies?

The label in the pot said "Tall White Daisies".  My mum gave me the plant a couple of years ago when I moved in, and although I planted it last year it didn't do anything.  This year it grew and grew, and had masses of tiny buds for weeks.  I was intrigued to see what type of tall white daisies they would be.  They obviously weren't leucanthemum, might they be a type of aster maybe?  Gradually they opened and revealed themselves - not exactly tall white daisies, more of a tall golden rod!  Not what I was expecting, but thanks mum as it does give some good autumn colour!

Golden Rod

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That IS a lovely splash of colour! Just what you need if your weather is anything like ours, grey and wet! I thought there wasn't much colour in our garden until I looked properly, and there were salmon pink gladioli - just three and don't know how they got there! - sedums, penstemon still in flower along with poppies, cranesbill having a second flowering, heathers coming into colour, buddleias still flowerful for the bees... and lots of different shades of green. What on earth was I thinking, no colour?
Maggie at http://mrsrunofthemills.blogspot.com

Sharon Lovejoy said...

Goldenrod is wonderful. Great sunny color and so good for the bumblebees and honey bees.

All joys to you,

Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island

Su said...

Hi Sharon, yes it is a wonderful colour even if it wasn't what I was expecting!
Hi Maggie, I know what you mean, there's always colour if you look closely and sometimes that's nicer than the "in your face" type.

Su